Monday, January 10, 2011

WINTER WISHES


Another Circle blog challenge card...these sure are fun, plus you have a chance to win something.

The challenge was to use a snowflake, metal and white paint

Winterwoodland...snowflake cut @ 4 1/2" I used MS snow glitter on it and white pearl paint. I wrapped the purple snowflake background with silver thread, a technique I learned at CHA. You tape the thread to the back, bring to the front between two scallops. Go forward 4 scallops and back three. Do this until you have a point at each valley.

Winter wishes cut @ 1 1/2" I used the white pearl paint at the top of each letter.

The embossed border on the left is done with a cuttle bug folder from the set called Winter borders. For the silver I use silver heating duct tape, found at Home Depot. I adhered it to a piece of card stock and then embossed it. I added a strip of purple behind it.

5 comments:

GAscrappnGramma said...

Very COOOL Me likes it! and I especially like the embossing in the silver "ducktape" too cool! GAscrappnGramma@gmail.com

mlharrell54 said...

This is a really pretty card, Rheba.
Wish I was a bird, I'd pick your brain. ;-P

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, wow! This is so pretty! Love the embossing on the duct tape, really beautiful effect! :D

crazy about cards said...

Great Card! Wish I was going to the cricut circle event in Texas where it is warm but no such luck here!

BTW there's an award for you over at my blog!

Mary said...

Such a pretty card! You did a great job! Good Luck Hope you win!